have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Yes, I Am Still Here (Sigh!)

I guess you are probably wondering why I am still here since I predicted I'll be moving to my new domain this week. Wonder no more ... I am still here in blogspot ... this time I predict I'll be here for a while cos my darling laptop has to be admitted to computer hospital. My poor darling is very ill! or maybe it needs to get acquainted with my new virtual kitchen. The list goes on ... On a chirpier note, I managed to cook a little, nothing too elaborate since my house is still in the mist of very dusty renovation. Aglio Olio pasta was high on my list. Aglio Olio simply means garlic, oil and chili. Sounds easy? Recipe serves 3. 300 gm wholemeal spaghetti
Boil some water and put in the spaghetti, add 1/2 tsp salt and cook pasta to your desired choice. Strain and run under cool water for an 'al dente' texture.
120 ml olive oil
5 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
2 fresh red chilis (chopped finely) or can be substituted with chili flakes
4 Tbsp chopped parsley (sprinkle a little water while chopping, keeps the chopped parsley together)
some julienne carrots (optional) - blanche in boiling water
  1. Heat oil in a saucepan, add garlic and chili.
  2. Garlic should only be slighly brown, take off from heat.
  3. Toss in cooked pasta and parsley.
  4. Season with sea salt and crushed black pepper.
  5. Garnish with julienne of carrots and parmesan, if desired. (Parmesan is a no, no for me)
  6. Because this pasta is so simple, the use of good quality ingredients is highly encouraged.

4 Comments:

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients