have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Curried Pork 'Thai Style'

It's great to be back and happily clicking on my keyboard again. Gosh! do I miss that sound! Since curry is my favourite dish, it shall be my first post to usher in my new layout design. I have always loved Thai food, maybe it's the sourness, sweetness and spicyness all together that makes Thai dishes so appetising! As for this dish, it can be curried chicken or even curried beef, just substitute the meat and retain the rest of the ingredients. Ingredient A 400 gm pork fillet (freeze it for 30 minutes to make it hard enough to slice easier) 2 Tbsp tumeric powder 1 Tbsp chopped ginger 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste 1 tsp brown sugar Ingredient B 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil 3 cloves garlic (chopped) 1 Tbsp Thai red curry paste 5 slices old ginger 5 coriander roots (wash roots thoroughly to rid unwanted earth) 3 generous dashes of fish sauce 100 ml filtered water 1 Tbsp julienne of ginger 1 Tbsp julienne of carrot Juice of 2 lime

  1. Marinate sliced pork fillet with all of ingredient A and refrigerate overnight.
  2. Drizzle grapeseed oil in a heated curry pot.
  3. In goes the chopped garlic, Thai red curry paste, old ginger, coriander roots.
  4. Stir a while before putting in the sliced pork fillet. Stir until pork is almost completely seared then add fish sauce and pour in filtered water and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes.
  5. Lastly, mix in the julienne ginger, carrot and lime juice.
  6. Sea salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Garnish with coriander leaves (if desired)
  8. This recipe serves 3 persons.

15 Comments:

  • hi audrey - love your new layout and that everchanging photo in the header is bloody "COOL"! btw - your pork curry also looks very invitingly hot

     
  • You're back, you're back! *doing a 'lil jiggle*

     
  • Andrey,

    Can you please drop me an email at bee@foreverbee.com...I see that you have the contact lense ad up and they approached me about the same thing...I just wanted to compare notes with you. By the way, great site! :)

    Bee Yinn

     
  • oooo i loved this layout!

     
  • Hi Bee Yinn, my e-mail is still unable to send out mail. Something wrong somewhere, I can't pin point yet. Sorry, couldn't reply. Maybe can chat online. audreylim68@yahoo.com
    Tell me when.

     
  • audrey!!!! i love yr new layout. the banner is flash one. how did u do it?!

     
  • Thanks Evan, actually I have the layout in mind but my web designer made it into a reality. He's great!

     
  • gosh, you have a web designer??! thats really nice to hear. so you're going to turn your blog into something professional? :p

     
  • audrey - great site and do you think I can get that web designer's contact? Am dying to revamp my site. Is it very expensive? I guess if yr email is not working it'll be difficult to reply but add it here and I will chat with you here.

     
  • I just saw the contact details in yr chatterbox. Let me check with them on the pricing, thxs so much.

     
  • really nice revamp and that curry pork definitly looks potent.

     
  • Boo, if u need more details u can leave me ur ph no. I will not post it in my blog. I can give u a tinkle! ok?

    Dear precious bloggers ... I am still having problems with my outgoing e-mail. Sorry I cannot communicate for the time being but will do it as soon as my e-mail is up and going. Very frustrating actually!

    RM, I have MSN chat but that too is affected by the e-mail thingi. Looks like we are stuck. Sorry really!

     
  • Hi Cath! strange i did not receive this comment till now.... sorry but thanks! great to see that u r not so busy now.

     
  • Thanks Babe! invested some $$ in it.

    Hi Tummythoz actually still jiggling...haven't stop yet :D

     
  • ..colour so nice..

     

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients