Curried Pork 'Thai Style'
It's great to be back and happily clicking on my keyboard again. Gosh! do I miss that sound! Since curry is my favourite dish, it shall be my first post to usher in my new layout design. I have always loved Thai food, maybe it's the sourness, sweetness and spicyness all together that makes Thai dishes so appetising! As for this dish, it can be curried chicken or even curried beef, just substitute the meat and retain the rest of the ingredients. Ingredient A 400 gm pork fillet (freeze it for 30 minutes to make it hard enough to slice easier) 2 Tbsp tumeric powder 1 Tbsp chopped ginger 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste 1 tsp brown sugar Ingredient B 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil 3 cloves garlic (chopped) 1 Tbsp Thai red curry paste 5 slices old ginger 5 coriander roots (wash roots thoroughly to rid unwanted earth) 3 generous dashes of fish sauce 100 ml filtered water 1 Tbsp julienne of ginger 1 Tbsp julienne of carrot Juice of 2 lime
- Marinate sliced pork fillet with all of ingredient A and refrigerate overnight.
- Drizzle grapeseed oil in a heated curry pot.
- In goes the chopped garlic, Thai red curry paste, old ginger, coriander roots.
- Stir a while before putting in the sliced pork fillet. Stir until pork is almost completely seared then add fish sauce and pour in filtered water and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Lastly, mix in the julienne ginger, carrot and lime juice.
- Sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves (if desired)
- This recipe serves 3 persons.