Vanilla Rosettes Cupcakes
I made this sometime ago using a very basic buttercake recipe. I forgot exactly how many cupcakes this recipe yields, maybe 40 regular ones. Ingredients 250 gm unsalted butter 150 gm castor sugar 2 tsp vanilla essence 6 eggs (room temperature) 200 ml fresh milk 450 gm all purpose flour 2 tsp baking powder
- Heat oven at 180 degree celcius.
- Sieve flour, baking powder together in a bowl.
- Cream butter until light and add sugar, beat till it turns a shade lighter and sugar combined.
- Add vanilla and an egg at a 30 seconds interval, alternate with 2 scoops of flour mixture.
- Pour in milk, alternating with the rest of the flour mixture.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners or cups. Fill only half full.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, till cake skewer comes out clean.
- Cool completely before icing with vanilla buttercream frosting.
- Beat all the ingredients together taking great care not to add too much milk.
- Consistency must be soft and creamy but does not drop off from the spoon.
- Pipe using a medium size star nozzle.