have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Monday, April 10, 2006

One pot dinner

Well, well, isn't it pouring again. With this kind of weather, I just like to take it slow and easy. Maybe that's why I have a fairly large pantry. In fact, if space permit, I would prefer to have a walk-in pantry just like the one Nigella Lawson owns. Dream on, baby! What goes well with pouring rain would probably be a one pot of hot steaming stew. Tonite, I will be making a simple garlic sausage hot pot. Recipe as follows :- 3 garlic sausages (cut into 3 pieces each and peel off the skin) 200 gm minced beef (marinated with Lea & Perrin sauce, salt and pepper) 2 chopped garlic 2 peeled tomatoes (leftovers from pizza making) 2 Tbsp tomato sauce 1 can button mushrooms 1/2 can baby corn Sautee garlic and minced beef in a saucepan drizzled with olive oil. Add in the sausages, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to simmer for 8 minutes. Put in the mushrooms and baby corn and simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Served with bread or plain pasta and a glass of red wine.

2 Comments:

  • ooh! u have been bz with cooking...really envy ya. I havent cook in ages and really am looking forward to cook when i'm back home for my day off.

    Keep up the great blog.

     
  • Ya know, foodcrazee, I like ur recipe for the beef and 4 cornered bean dish. I can see from the recipe that it is very tasty. Must try it someday.U see this bean very difficult to keep fresh.Must cook on the day purchase lor.

     

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients