have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Instant Lunch

Lately, I have been pretty occupied with house keeping cos I suddenly noticed that my walk-in closet is rapidly turning into a walk-in jumble sale booth if I don't get rid of some old stuffs and shopping isn't fun when your sub-conscious mind tells you that there is no place for new things anymore. So, clearing, packing, delivering has been pretty much what I was doing all week. I guess I finally have a little time on my hands to put up an instant post.
While I was growing up in Penang, fresh food was abundance but I constantly find myself digging my mom's pantry for a packet of instant curry maggi mee. Strange! what msg can do to a person. I am a sucker for maggi mee especially the curry and assam flavoured ones. I guess now you know distinctively which era I am from. Since I had no time to think of what to cook for lunch today, I settled for a heart-warming bowl of modified instant curry mee. Here is how it looks like. I am sure I don't need to teach you food junkies out there how this is cooked! ha! ha! ha!
Notice the chili anchovies? It's actually the left-overs of my ikan bilis cuttlefish sambal from my earlier post.

3 Comments:

  • maggi noodles, that one ingredient that my kitchen is never without no matter what - there is always at least a packet in the pantry for all occasions!

     
  • hehehehe - doesnt matter which era as i believed most of us r kinda similar generation, Curious where abt u r

     
  • ha ha ha, never knew I would get comments on plain and simple maggi mee. Good to know we r all in the same era! 3 cheers for maggi mee!

     

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients