have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Time For Some Fresh Air

Having spent so much time doing so many things day in day out. Ha! finally got some time to ourselves, just my family and I. My better half thought we should go to the KLCC Aquaria, then wander around aimlessly to see what we want to eat. This actually sounded great! Took some shots of the fishes there but one really caught my attention, it's a catfish and they called it by a strange name... I can't really remember what but I swear it was a Patin fish! My favourite steam fish actually. Then to my horror! one of them was even bigger then my dog! Ekkk! Overall I suppose the Aquaria is ok, not grand but I thought the under water tunnel was kinda short.
Anyway, we adjourned over to KLCC to hunt for lunch. Ended up at Chilis .... Here are some shots of what we had and I though it was quite good. The first photo is a dish of flavoured rice served with some crunchy fat shrimps, grilled chicken and steamed mixed vegetables. It's kind of a mixture of tastes and textures all together. Pretty flavourful and colourful, eh?
I had a ranch beef burger, just wanted a juicy burger with fattenning fries cos I just lost some precious weight. If I loose anymore I'll probably look like these fries with skin and that ain't nice.
My daughter got to eat free and she choose a pizza (just as I expected, since I already have the fries). It's a simple pizza but has a country flair to it. It's just a thick pizza base with peeled tomatoes and lots of cheese on top.
I like Chilis cos they have this free flow of fruit juices and a warm family ambience to it.
This post is slightly out of my usual league, a slight divertion can definitely add some spice to my cooking, not to mention ignite some inspiration and creativity along the way. I always believe that we can never learn or see enough, life is full of experiences that can either make us or break us. Well, I wish my culinary journey with you would be an unforgettable and fulfilling one.

0 Comments:

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients