have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Cereal, Nuts and Chocolate Cookies

With this kind of gloomy weather, it's hard to keep awake. Got myself busy with a batch of cookies. I didn't know what cookies until I checked my pantry. Obviously, there were some walnuts, cereal and some leftover rum and raisins chocolate in the fridge. Let's see the recipe below:- 280 gm all purpose flour (seived) 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp sea salt 1 small teacup of cereal 250 gm butter
2 Tbsp golden treacle 35 gm brown sugar 30 gm caster sugar 1 egg 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (the real thing so much better) 30 gm chopped walnuts some leftover chocolate bars (crushed) Put flour, baking powder, sea salt and sugars together. Beat soft butter with sugars till creamy add golden treacle, egg, vanilla and the above flour mixture a scoop at a time. Next add in all the rest that I have not mentioned and scoop out batter with a spoon. Ball up the scoop and press it flat on the baking sheet with a floured fork. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes. Cool on a rack and it becomes crispy.
This recipe can be modified by using other fillers like raisins, cranberries, rolled oats, hershey's chocolate kisses, currants, lemon peel, orange flavoured chocolate bar etc... Baking is all about creativity and feeding the sweet tooth people. As for me, 2 pieces of cookies and a glass of milk will be satisfying enough for me, nothing more.

4 Comments:

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients