have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Friday, April 07, 2006

A 5 Minute Stir-Fry Lunch

Today is a kinda strange day, didn't know what I wanted for lunch. Maybe it's the weather, so gloomy and wet. This kind of weather makes my mind wander, how wonderful to be eating steamboat with family or friends. Yea, dream on ... it's Friday and almost all of them are at work, if not they will be busy with their children. I suppose a normal thing to do is to dig my fridge for some fresh food then maybe bake something, anything.
1 small tray of stir-fry beef cuts some organic baby kailan (trimmed off roots and cut into small portions - takes 1 minute) Marinate the beef cuts with dark soya sauce, oyster sauce, garlic oil, brown sugar, freshly ground black pepper, cornflour and sea salt. (2 minutes) Heat wok, drizzle olive oil and stir-fry beef for 1 minute, put in the kailan and stir for another minute. Add a little hot water and it's all done. That's all for lunch today, only 5 minutes.

0 Comments:

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients