Who says 'covenience' doesn't taste good? I happened to have a pack of Pampas Shortcrust Pastry sitting patiently in the corner of my freezer and a tub of ready-made strawberry pie filling in my fridge. Put them both together and pop it in the oven. Strawberry pie in a jiffy!
Sometimes, I take it easy and make full use of 'ready-made food'. Having a dose of comfort food doesn't mean hours of sweating in the kitchen. This should be great news for those who love fruity pies and too darn lazy to make from scratch!
- Take Pampas shortcrust pastry out from freezer and leave to thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Roll out pastry in between 2 pieces of greaseproof paper or parchment paper. Always roll outwards from the centre.
- When pastry is approximately 1 cm or 3/4 cm thick (evenly), place on a round oven proof plate.
- Pour strawberry pie filling in the centre and fold in the pastry sides.
- Pop into a pre-heated oven at 190 degrees celcius for 10 minutes and cover with foil and bake another 5 minutes.
- Take pie out of the oven and cool. If preferred, sift some powdered sugar on the pastry at the sides and serve with coffee.