have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Mom's Chili Tau Chu Crabs

School holiday is finally over. Life goes back to normal. Had a break from cooking for 1 whole week. Don't really know how I survived but I guess mommy needs a break too. I often feel there is so much to do but so little time. I wonder how many of you feel that way too. Sigh! My mom cooked this dish, not me. Still having a hangover from 'not cooking'. Mom knows we love crabs, she saw some live ones at the fresh market today and carted some home. God bless you, Mom! I will skip the murdering part and get straight to the recipe.
6 crabs (cleaned and chopped into half)
Ingredients to be blended
5 large red chilis 1 piece ginger (1" length) 2 Tbsp tau chu (fermented soya beans) 3 cloves garlic

Heat some oil in a wok and saute all the blended ingredients till fragrant.

Next, add a little hot water to the simmering gravy.

Add a dash of dark soya sauce to color and salt to taste.

Put in the crabs and stir till cooked.

Simple but finger licking good!

3 Comments:

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients