have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Mama Fries

Something my home cannot do without.

This humble potato wedges nicknamed 'Mama Fries' was born in my sister's kitchen 3 years ago. Not a week goes by that I don't make this. It has become a familiar carbo substitute for rice in my home. Instead of feeding our young ones french fries laden with salt and msg from the fast food joints, we decided to make them the healthier way. Simple as ABC, but pretty tasty I might say. Peel potatoes and cut into 8 wedges. Heat some olive oil in a teflon or non-stick pan, put in the wedges and grind some sea salt onto the wedges. When wedges slightly brown on one side, turn them over. It takes only 15 minutes to make wedges from 2 large potatoes.

Hey, I finally manage to post my orange oatmeal cake here. I guess that will do for the moment until I learn how to manage my photos some other way. My missing photo from my earlier post, Anniversary Cake. (below)

3 Comments:

  • hi Audrey, i'm a potato lover and had made varieties of these. However, I baked them coz I'm "terrified" of frying (shallow/deep) coz of an accident once a gazillion yrs ago. check-out my blog if u do 12 try them for the family. http://daylillies-masissta.blogspot.com/ NJOY~!

     
  • Why don't you try the google group for info?

    http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help?lnk=li

    Think some were also complaining their blogs can't post pixs.

     
  • Thanks Boo, I shall look it up.

    Welcome to my blog daylillies, thanks for the tips, will check u out. cheers

     

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients