have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Onepot Meatball

Well my onepot meal is back! I guess it's my way of taking a break from cooking. Recently, I just went back to chasing my afternoon soap 'Bold and Beautiful' since the character of Taylor Forrester came back to life, lotsa changes with plastic surgery too. Got the kids out to the garden for some fresh air and sunshine since the weather was so beautiful. Blue sky, white clouds and cool breeze.... that reminds me of some of my vacations I had by the beach. Gosh! how I missed the beach, just sitting there doing nothing, absolutely nothing. Better still at Club Med, they feed you breakfast, lunch and dinner too! Got a snapshot of the beautiful sky. Okay, back to reality, my onepot still needs a little of my attention.

500 gm minced beef (can substitute with pork, chicken or even mutton) 4 Tbsp breadcrumbs (some stale bread toasted in the oven and pounded finely) 2 pieces sundried tomatoes (cut into small strips) 2 roma tomatoes (chopped roughly) 3 Tbsp Heinz tomato sauce 3 cloves chopped garlic 1 big onion (chopped), 1 bayleaf salt and pepper

Mix the minced meat with breadcrumbs and 1 tsp cornflour, salt and pepper. Roll them into balls. Heat some olive oil in a pot and saute the garlic and onions. Add bayleaf, sundried tomatoes, roma tomatoes and tomato sauce, bring to simmer for 10 minutes. Put the meatballs one by one into the sauce. Add a little hot water if the sauce thickens too fast. Simmer for another 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. At the end, add 1 cup of white wine (optional) and a generous portion of grated cheddar cheese over the meatballs, then serve. (Photo above has no cheddar cheese on top but I love the taste and texture of the cheese in the sauce)

I served this meal over some mashed potatoes instead of pasta. Bon Appetite!

7 Comments:

  • hey audrey, the meatballs look scrumptious!! can i link u up?

     
  • Yes u may, it's an honour to be link to your blog!

     
  • thx audrey, you're so sweet!

     
  • lovely blue sky shot - why do blue skies remind me of holidays? cos' that's the only time I get a chance to look up at the sky and see clouds.. rest of the time, I'm stuck behind a desk!

    scrumptious looking meatballs!

     
  • Thanks Cath! U know what happened to my camera after that blue sky shot .... it died! I am now a photoless blogger. How boring!

     
  • hi audrey, i managed to upload the article...here are the links. the file size's quite big, so it might take some time to load :

    http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5861/starticle14db.jpg

    http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9231/starticle23la.jpg

    happy viewing!

     
  • Thanks evan! I will definitely check it out!

     

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients