have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sour Cream Scones

Scones and Earl Grey tea ... brings back memories of Old Smokehouse (Cameron Highlands, Malaysia) evening tea spread. Pretty, polish and polite, not to mention pricey just for tea. Nevertheless, that particular trip more than 10 years ago, ignited a love for scones in my heart. Occassionally, I would get a strong craving for scones and I usually buy them from the bakery and lightly toast them before I indulge. This time was different, I was blogging when I found this recipe in one of the blogs I frequently visit, Sea Dragon's "cafe of the east.blogspot.com". There staring at me were these beautifully made sour cream scones, that was enough to send me running out to get a packet of sour cream! For this recipe, kindly refer to Sea Dragon's blog.
Here's the end result, slightly crispy on the outside, moist and soft on the inside and tastes full and rich. Served with a tall glass of chilled fresh milk. My entire household actually loved it and looks like it's going to be another regular in my home.

7 Comments:

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients