have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Refreshing Iceberg Lettuce

The iceberg lettuce is, in a way related to the white round cabbage. They look almost alike except for the texture of the leaves. The leaves of the iceberg lettuce is lighter in texture and thinner in density. It is simply refreshing when eaten raw in sandwiches or salads, but here in Malaysia it is usually blanched in boiling water, drained and drizzled with some garlic oil, a dash of light soya sauce and some pepper. This dish basically needs no formal introduction, so I guess I won't dwell in it too much.

7 Comments:

  • It's one of my favourite lettuce. It's crispy and easy to clean.

     
  • Ha ha... u r right..easy to clean.

     
  • this is my favourite method of cooking iceberg lettuce as well... learnt it from my mum :-)

     
  • hi audrey, how are you? this lettuce brings back a sense of familiarity. my dad used to make this all the time! but its been a loooong time i tasted their cooking since i got married hehe. everyone's so busy, and even if i meet them, its always outside for lunch or dinner.

     
  • Hi Cath! How's your meatless diet getting on?

    Fine thank you Evan, I know what u mean. Time of solitude is so uncommon these days.

     
  • not totally off meat as yet ... just reduced portions, and I have fallen sick with stomach flu (too much detoxification, you think?)!

     
  • Cath, maybe your body needs sometime to adjust to your new regime. I guess when we detox, we need to increase our antioxidants like conplimenting with juicing.

     

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients