have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Here's a batch of semi-indulgence cookies after all those healthy muffins earlier! I called them 'semi' cos they have healthy oatmeal inside. Ha! who am I trying to deceive? I especially like these cookies with a hot cup of black coffee. Just one or two pieces will be enough to satisfy those little urges to snack on something crispy, chewy and partially sweet. Most recipes I tried earlier did not yield what I craved for. They are either too sweet, too soft for soft-baked, too burnt and not crispy and most of all, does not flatten when baked thus looking like a round bomb, when it's done.
Ingredient A
120 gm butter
120 gm castor sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
125 gm all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
---------
100 gm semi-sweet chocolate chips
140 gm rolled oats
30 ml grape seed oil / olive oil
Pre-heat oven at 160 degree celcius.
Pulse all 'Ingredient A' together in a food processor.
Stir in chocolate chips and rolled oats until even.
Drizzle in the grape seed oil and mix until batter is soft and slightly sticky.
Drop 1 teaspoon of cookie batter on a greased baking sheet and flatten it with the back of a fork.
Repeat this process till baking sheet is full, leaving enough space in between each cookie batter to expand when baking.
Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until cookies smells great and lightly browned.
Leave to cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an air tight container.

8 Comments:

  • can send some over ?

     
  • audrey, i really like your stack of cookies. i made something like that awhile ago but yours look better i think! u added grape seed oil, its something new to me =)

     
  • wonderful looking stack of goodies - love the idea of using grapeseed oil - do you think that addition made the difference in the cookie?

     
  • Hi,

    Stumbled upon your blog accidently and somehow the nutritious roots soup posted in July caught my attention.

    Have a question here. You actually bring the water and the ingredients to a boil for 10 minutes before transferring them to a slow cooker. Why not cook water and ingredients in the slow cooker from the very beginning?

    Thanks

     
  • Mike, r u living nearby Bdr Sri Damansara?

    Evan, Actually I was pretty dissapointed with a lot of cookies recipes so I decided to it try out myself, to make the batter softer, I just put some grape seed oil in just to experiment. I loved it, so I guess this recipe is here to stay.

    Cath, slightly lighter and crunchier then the normal ones but still unable to get the Pepperidge Farm's crispy texture.

    Anonymous, welcome to my blog! I boiled it first to save energy. Slow cooker needs a longer time to heat up thus consume more energy and it also quickens the boiling process.

     
  • Audrey, if I say I stay near Bandar Sri Dsara, can get a batch of those yummy cookies too?

     
  • He he boo, then u'll probably have to deliver to Mike and wifey as well! No problem!

     
  • Hi, a close girlfriend of mine was just telling me about her craving for choc chip oatmeal cookies as she didn't like it with raisins. Bingo, thanks so much. Now I can bake her a batch soon. Thanks!

     

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients