have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Healthy Batch of Muffins

Was doing my blog rounds and was captivated by Rachel's latest post on Thamjiak.blogspot.com. "Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Muffins". Absolutely a wonderful idea for a healthy breakfast. Well, I guess Moms too need a good healthy reason to wake up early in the morning! What better way then to have these delicious looking muffins waiting eagerly to be eaten. Checked my larder and 'what have we got?' 3 boxes of Luxury Swiss Muesli waiting to expire. Any other better way to recycle? For the original recipe kindly refer to Rachel's blog. As for this recipe, I made do with what I had in hand which was a small tub of sour cream so instead of low fat yoghurt, I replaced with 210 gm of sour cream. I omitted the unsweetened shredded coconut and replaced raisins with sultanas. The topping was my dear almost expiring Luxury Swiss Muesli. Bake at 170 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Cover with a foil after the 1st 5 minutes because my muffins were much smaller in size.

They turned out well, just like how Rachel described them slightly chocolatey, good thick texture, occassional encounter on soft sultanas and crunch on the nuts. Wonderfully said!

Word of caution : Not for Gobblers! Eat slowly to enjoy the nuts and other interesting stuff inside.

8 Comments:

  • wow yours look absolutely so much more professionally baked! and it looks like huge cookies.

     
  • Looks so nice and healthy!

     
  • Great idea and best looks delicious too.

     
  • waaaa nice!! audrey, i like this one. looks very wholesome & healthy :p mayb i shd do this too. well done girl!

     
  • Rachel ... got u to thanks for the recipe, must call u my healthy muffin creator!

    Boo, it tastes prettty good for something without butter or margerine.

    Edith, once in a while gotta be a health freak.

    Anonymous ...try it, my family loves it.

     
  • audrey, that anonymous post is from me lah. dunno why like that. sometimes the blogger comment box abit cranky, esp after i preview the comment, it will appear as anonymous. hmm.

    evan
    (bossacafez.blogdrive.com)

     
  • hi rachel,

    just wondering whether you doubled the recipe from thamjiak's site?
    if u did, what did you use for 1.5/4? especially for the sugar, oh yes and also the coconut.
    i can't seem to figure out what 1.5/4 is...
    tks!

     
  • Hi rayhana, I followed rachel's recipe and put in whatever I had in hand at that time. I guess it's a little of this and that recipe. As for sugar, I added 100 gm only and replaced the shredded coconut with raisins.

     

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients