have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Wholemeal Breakfast Pancakes

I am totally inspired by eatzycath's blog where she pasted her meatball and spaghetti photo with a beautifully crafted frame. With that photo still fresh in my mind, being an amateur as I am, I decided to try out new functions on my 'PhotoImpression' and stumble upon this automatic frame. That's how it looks! Anyway, I have never imagine I could learn so much just by blogging. I guess I should take this opportunity to thank all fellow bloggers for sharing and contributing their thoughts, recipes, cooking tips and photography skills on the net. It has widen my knowledge in a lot of things including places to eat and visit. As the saying goes "Life is a learning process that cannot finish".
So, here is a recipe for my wholemeal breakfast pancakes:-
150 gm all purpose flour
100 gm wholemeal flour
2 fresh eggs
a pinch of salt
250 ml fresh milk
1 Tbsp golden syrup
filtered water
Place the 2 types of flour in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour. Crack in the 2 eggs. Using a fork, mix in a circular motion starting from the centre where the eggs are. Pouring in the milk as you go along. Add salt and golden syrup and some filtered water until consistency feels like a runny mixture. Heat a small non-stick frying pan with a little butter and pour in a scoop of the mixture. Turn the pancake over when the side facing you still has a little raw mixture in the centre and flip it out when it is done and not burnt. Please use low heat. Serve with maple syrup, honey, fruit jam, butter or peanut butter and a hot cuppa coffee.

4 Comments:

  • u have been bz.....good stuff

     
  • Great Blog! Love love love the recipes and will definately be trying them out. Keep posting! I'm a Malaysian in Jakarta and I do miss my Malaysian food so! Great to have your recipes to remind me of home.

     
  • lol... i like your framing too... quite quite the cool :-), a wonderful breakfast stack!

     
  • foodcrazee, when I am in the mood to cook this is what u would see, if not, you will know too:D

    dian, hope I didn't make u miss home too much.

    Cath, just trying new stuff and thanks to ur inspirational blog.

     

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients