have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Good Morning Muffins!

Last night just as I jump into bed, I had this cravings for muffins! Gosh! to get out of bed at that ungodly hour just to make muffins seems most ridiculous. So I decided to crawl out of bed early this morning to whip up a batch to satisfy my desire. Here is the recipe for my muffins. You can make it in a jiffy. It's fast and easy, right on time for breakfast. Muffins have to be eaten straight from the oven served with a cup of freshly brewed coffee and the morning newspapers of course!

375 gm self raising flour (sifted) 75 gm castor sugar 2 tsp baking powder 375 ml fresh milk 2 large eggs (slightly beaten) 250 gm pure butter 1 can of sweetened seedless cherries (strained) Heat oven at 190 degrees celsius. Melt the butter. Put all the flour, sugar and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add in the melted butter, milk and eggs in the centre of the flour mixture and mix them together using a fork. The mixture must be a bit lumpy and batter like. Scoop the batter into the muffin trays. Only half fill the moulds with batter. Put 3 - 4 cherries into the centre of each mould and top it up with the rest of the batter. Pop it into the oven for 20 minutes. Take it out from the oven and cool on the cake trays.

2 Comments:

  • Hi! Your muffins looked great! I was wondering how many muffins does this recipe yield?
    Thanks!

     
  • Hi Lyn, welcome to my blog! I used the willow muffin mould with a 6cm diameter. IKEA has one almost that size. It yields approx. 16 muffins Mixture only 3/4 full.

     

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients