have you ever had this nagging feeling of what to cook whenever a festive season is around the corner? what mood do i want to create? i want it to be different but not too overwhelming for my guests....who am i inviting? what is the occasion? are they adults or children? big eaters or mousy eaters? well there is room for everyone... read on.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Ju Hu Char Lunch

Root vegetables are absolutely deliciously sweet and refreshing. It's a simple dish to cook especially when I have health conscious friends coming over for lunch. Doesn't take much sweat in the kitchen and I will have all the time to catch up with current affairs. All I need is 2 white turnips (julienne), 2 medium size carrots (julienne), 8 dried chinese mushrooms (pre-soaked in hot water and julienne) and 300 gms dried julienne octopus (ju hu). Chop some garlic and saute in a hot wok drizzled with olive oil. Throw in the mushrooms and ju hu and stir for 10 minutes. Toss in the julienne vegetable and fry evenly till vegetable becomes soft and slightly mushy. Add light soya sauce to taste. Served with crispy iceberg lettuce or small crunchy butterheads.

On normal days, I look forward to having this same dish on a hot sunny afternoon. Just vegetables and a tall icy cold plain water. Talk about carbo free diet and detox! Refreshing and delicious!

2 Comments:

<< Home

About Me  
I'm Audrey from Somewhere in my kitchen, Malaysia.

My profile

Categories  
Bake Stuff
Breakfast Choice
Mealtime Recipes
Celebration Food
Herbal Remedies
Confinement Recipe Journal
Ingredients